California Fire Assistance Agreement 2020

Their agreement calls on state and federal governments to cooperate to reduce the risk of catastrophic wildfires by reducing one million hectares per year, developing a 20-year joint plan for forest health, increasing the use of mandatory incinerations and improving timber harvesting, according to information released by Newsom`s office last week. Despite some political wrangling, Gov. Gavin Newsom promised there would be „no politics in this room“ when he thanked the Trump administration for the emergency aid. He cites „abnormally dense forests, a century of fire and climate change that lead to warmer, warmer, drier conditions,“ as the reasons California has become so flammable. Affected taxpayers who initially estimated the payment of income tax on 14 August 2020 or after 14 August 2020 and before 15 If payments are made on 15 December 2020 or before 15 December 2020, no penalty shall be imposed for non-payment of estimated tax rates. „Given that the federal government owns nearly 58 percent of California`s 33 million acres of forest, while the state owns 3 percent, joint state-confederal management is critical to overall forest health and the residence of California wildfires,“ the governor`s office wrote in a press release. Many of the fires now burning throughout the state were caused by the recent storm over Northern California, Newsom said. The fire at the LNU complex in wine country and the fire at the CZU complex in the Santa Cruz Mountains quickly became two of the 20 largest fires in California history, he said, that have already burned an area the size of Rhode Island, killing four people. More than 12,000 firefighters are working to crack them down, Newsom said, but the twin fires „extend our resources and weigh on our staff.“ Unless an act is expressly included in the Proc. 2018-58, the extension of the filing and payment deadline does not apply to feedback in series W-2, 1094, 1095, 1097, 1098 or 1099; on Forms 1042-S, 3921, 3922 or 8027; or on labour and excise deposits. However, penalties for deposits due on August 14, 2020 or after August 31, 2020 are subject to penalties as long as deposits are made until August 31, 2020. Under normal conditions, travel expenses incurred in California are non-refundable in accordance with the CFAA. However, there are unusual situations and an incident commander may authorize certain travel expenses related to a self-help response.

All expenses submitted in a travel expense diary must comply with the procedures described in Appendix „H“ of the CFAA (link to the agreement is indicated above). There are no exceptions to the documentation requirements in Schedule „H“. Fire Management Assistance is made available to states, local and tribal governments for the reduction, management and control of fires in public or private forests or grasslands that threaten such destruction that would constitute a major disaster. The process for declaring fire management assistance is initiated when a state sends a request for assistance to the Regional Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in the event of a „major disaster risk.“ The whole process is accelerated and a FEMA decision is made within a few hours. The Fire Management Assistance Grant Program (FMAGP) offers a 75 percent cost share and the state pays the remaining 25 percent for actual costs. Before receiving a subsidy, a state must demonstrate that the total eligible cost of the declared fire meets or exceeds either the individual fire cost threshold – which applies to isolated fires – or the cumulative fire cost threshold, which recognizes a large number of minor fires in a state. eligible firefighting costs may include expenses for land inventories; use, repair and replacement of equipment; tools, materials and accessories; and mobilization and demobilization activities. For more information about the FMAG program, check out the FEMA FMAG website: www.fema.gov/fire-management-assistance-grant-program The CFAA is the reimbursement mechanism negotiated for local authority responses by the California Fire Service and Rescue Emergency Mutual Aid System. .

. .